Jan 20, 2009

Dinner & a movie

Posted by Jason & Sharon Epperly

We were not too hungry today after we ate our big breakfast, so we stopped by McD’s for a quick bite. I think  it might actually be better here since they are not trying to make everything low fat :)

After eating, we walked through the underground mall and then walked through Independence Square.

We are now back at the apartment and trying to stay awake (so we are not up in the middle of the night again) and trying not to worry too much about our appointment (11am tomorrow).

Sharon here:

Where do I start, there is no place like home!  We have mostly been hanging around the apartment today, resting, not sleeping.  It seems so late here, but it is not 6p.m. yet.  Thank you so much for commenting, that has really lifted my spirits.  It is so comforting to know that we are missed and especially that so many are praying for us. 

We were able to talk to the girls this morning.  They were so excited to have a snow day.  I really hate that I missed playing outside with them and sledding, what fun that would have been.  I am sure they are having a great time though.

I picked up some cards from the Christian Book Store months ago and happened to bring them with me (you know the little ones that are great for bookmarks)  I thought they were very fitting and I would like to share them:

1st card says:

Don’t worry about tomorrow…

God is already there!  (here is the verse)

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

2nd cards says:

All your tomorrows are in God’s hands.

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion.  Phillipians 1:6

Can’t wait to see what tomorrow holds for us.  We love and miss you guys at home more than words can express.

Until tomorrow…

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason and Sharon,
Thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to celebrating with you when you return.

Deu 31:8 GOD is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you. Don't be intimidated. Don't worry."
Tom L

Anonymous said...

I pray you're resting well and will wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for your "big day." Sharon, I'm glad the food hasn't been an issue for you. I know you were nervous about that. At least you know you can always go to McD's. We're anxiously awaiting your update tomorrow. Miss y'all!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the comforts of home. Mickey D's can always give you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside:) The girls just left and we had fun with them today. I took some pictures so you can see them in the snow. We built a snowman, did some sledding, and basically froze our tushies off. Morgan went to Becca's and Emma and Madeline played with us. Everyone is doing great and missing you tons. Praying, loving, and waiting. God is good!
The Blevins

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm praying for you guys and your big day tomorrow.

When you get a chance, read through Philippians 4:4-9. In the meantime, may the God of ALL peace cover your hearts, minds, and emotions in Jesus.

Pastor Andrew

Unknown said...

Fun to hear your updates. John and I will be praying for you all daily. Keep your eyes fixed on Him. Love you both,
Beth and John

The McEacherns said...

Praying that your SDA appointment goes well tomorrow. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! I love Ukrainian food (now do you understand why I told you my missionary team gained weight on our trip?) but there's just something about a cheeseburger! You guys are constantly on our hearts and minds. Let's just say that you are covered in prayers! Love you both!
Erin and Rusty

Anonymous said...

Jason & Sharon - has to be amazing walking around the city, knowing your boy is here. The little dude who God is preparing for his forever family. What a story... you seeking him out because of the deep love in your hearts. We can't wait to hear how your story unfolds. Thanks for keeping us updated! We miss you guys. Derrick, Lisa & the Bucy guys.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love you guys. We are praying. Thanks for being so faithful with the updates -- you know I'm checking it ALWAYS! Can't wait to hear more...

Woods

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!
Thanks for sharing even the little stuff... Butch wants a breakfast care package sent to him!....
We are looking forward to the big things tomorrow will hold for you. Praying that God makes it VERY clear which little guy you are to choose. We can't wait to get the big news!
Love you bunches...
Mandy & Butch

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. Will keep you in my prayers. So glad the trip was uneventful. Keep smiling. Soon you will see the face of your son.
Much love.
Chris

Anonymous said...

+1 thanks for writing,and please know my prayers are with you folks in your journey. All the best to you and your family. Paulscho

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys -

Miss both of you. Sharon, did you leave any fresh salsa in the fridge before you left? How can I get it? I'm having homemade salsa withdrawls...hurry home.

Butch

Anonymous said...

Jason & Sharon,
We love getting the updates! We are so excited for you both and we are anxious to hear how today goes. We are praying for you.
James & Jackie

adoptedthree said...

Hope everything went well and there is nothing then a little comfort food like McD's to bring back the taste of home.

Leanna

Anonymous said...

I've been praying for you since I heard you were on your way. I just opened your blogspot for the first time and realized your meeting is probably today....I will lift you up! Praying for the girls too. Can't wait to hear what's next!
Jennifer Moore

Jaclyn said...

I hope everything went great for you guys today. I can't wait to hear your news :)

Jaclyn

ArtworkByRuth said...

Praying and can't wait to hear about your appointment! God Bless!

Unknown said...

Hi Jason & Sharon,
Are you still in Kiev?It is Thurs. 1pm. Leave a comment on our blog or email us to let us know! We are sitting at a cafe in an underground mall, metro underground? Any way, we would like to connect with you if possible!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Can't wait to here how your appointment went. I saw the girls at the bus stop yesterday and they looked great. Granny was just out walking buddy.

I am thinking of you two all day today. can't wait to check the post later.

Love Abby

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I saw your girls this morning and they were smiling as they got on the bus. I talked to your mom and she said things are going really well and everyone is doing fine. I pray things are going well.